Sterling silver Ganesha
Symbolism of Ganesha:
Lord Ganesha is one of the most loved deity all over India. He is the first deity to be worshiped as he can remove all obstacles. He is the patron of arts, crafts and sculptures and is also considered as lord of astrology, action and the god of harvest.
1. trunk – symbolic of discrimination power (viveka). ability to discriminate between right and wrong. flexibility in trunk indicates that one should not be rigid and should be ready to adapt himself with time.
2. big ears – listen more and talk less. while listening digest only those things which are wise and discard all unnecessary things. it also indicates that he listens carefully to the prayers to his devotees.
3. small mouth – talk less and only what is essential.
4. big head – wisdom and think big.
5. big belly – the whole world is contained in him. he accepts everything good or bad with the same equanimity. it represents the capacity to absorb all pleasant and unpleasant experiences of the world with grace.
6. single tusk – one truth or non-duality. broken tusk indicates at the imperfections of the ever changing material world.
7. small eyes – power of concentration. elephant eyes can even see small things even from a distance. because his eyes makes them look big. so don’t judge or see things from a narrow prospective. don’t judge the book from its book cover. look at the bigger picture and at all the angles while giving justice. it also indicates to have a foresight for future.
8. third eye – to see the world with spiritual wisdom.